Work with us
This is a list of our current vacant positions
We are seeking a committed clinician to join our friendly team offering counselling and therapy to the Irish community in Britain.
This is an exciting opportunity to gain experience in managing a busy clinic and a therapist team of 20, who offer culturally specific therapy. Working with our Clinical Director and Clinical Admin Team, the post offers excellent experience in clinical and service management and development.
This is an exciting opportunity to supervise experienced therapists working for a charity which focusses on the Irish community in Britain. The team undertakes a wide range of clinical work including dedicated services for survivors of institutional abuse and outreach therapy services designed to reach those in need who may be excluded from traditional therapy services.
We are seeking sessional therapists to work at our clinical centres in Finsbury Park, London and Digbeth, Birmingham and within our innovative programme of outreach therapy services across both cities. 95% of clients using our service are Irish born or of Irish heritage and we are especially keen to hear from therapists of Irish Heritage.
icap provides counselling and psychotherapy for the Irish community. In 2018/19 we provided 7576 hours of therapy. Nearly 75% of our client group have experienced childhood trauma and we have specialist expertise in working with adult survivors of institutional childhood abuse.
Our outreach services
Our outreach programme aims to reach Irish people in need of our services. We are proud that these services enable us to reach people who would not otherwise be able to access talking therapies. We provide counselling services at Ashford Place Day Centre, Lewisham Irish Community Centre (London) and at Birmingham Irish Association.
Pre-Covid 19, our Hearth service delivered home therapy for older frail and infirm Irish people. This service was delivered in partnership with the Irish Chaplaincy. We have also run group interventions for Traveller women, Irish women survivors of institutional abuse, a psychosocial support group for Irish men and a group for Irish carers in two separate locations. This autumn we are starting a psychosocial support group for women. All our groups are currently taking place via Zoom.
- – Interesting and varied caseload with the opportunity for short, medium and longer term client work
- – Payment of £31 per hour for sessional therapists
- – Free weekly group supervision at icap with an experienced supervisor
- – Free attendance at 4 CPD events per year
- – The opportunity to work within an experienced
We would love to hear from therapists who have:
- – Completed full psychodynamic, psychoanalytic or integrative training recognised by BACP, UKCP or BPC
- – Registration and accreditation with BACP, UKCP or BPC
- – Three years post qualification experience
- – Experience in working with survivors of childhood sexual abuse
- – Experience in working with trauma
- – Experience of working with immigrant groups including the Irish community
- – Experience of providing time limited therapy
If you are interested in the above, please email your CV, including client and personal therapy hours to date to email@example.com using the subject heading “Sessional Therapist Vacancies”.
Closing date: Open Recruitment
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org