Get help

therapy for the irish community
We work mainly with the Irish community and anyone who is entitled to Irish citizenship. This includes people who were born in Ireland and now live in Britain. It also includes people of Irish heritage who live in Britain.

Therapy for the Irish community is subsidised by financial support from the Irish government. We do work with people from other communities but because we are not funded to do so, we cannot provide a low cost service and need to charge the current market rate.

To apply for therapy

what to do

In an emergency

Need to talk to someone urgently

icap does not offer a crisis service. If you need to talk to someone urgently:

The Samaritans offer a 24 hour service on 116 123 (Free phone)
Your GP can offer an urgent appointment, within surgery hours
The Accident and Emergency Department at your local hospital provides an emergency service. You can go straight to A&E without being referred by a GP.

Urgent problems with your housing or benefits

If you have urgent problems with your housing or benefits, please contact

BIRMINGHAM – Birmingham Irish Association

LONDON – London Irish Centre

Connect Counselling (Ireland)

Connect Counselling (Ireland) offers free telephone counselling for people who have suffered abuse, trauma or neglect in their childhood.

UK and Northern Ireland
00800 477 477 77